Thank you to Lane Leipold, of Metropolitan Chemical Health, for bringing us his recipe and homemade sanitizer to International Plaza! Although Lane stressed that washing with soap and water is always best, he recognized that we are in this together and wanted to help! Our staff, members and guests all appreciate the added comfort of being able to have hand sanitizer available when it is so hard to find. He shares his recipe below!
Hand Sanitizer Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
- 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
- Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”